Qualifications, skills and experience we are seeking
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Veterinary Medicine, or Animal Production or Public Health with experience in managing food security and resilience building progarmmes. A Master’s degree qualification will confer an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ experience working with INGO on humanitarian and development issues with roles in program design, development, and accountability.
- Strong leadership skills, experience in planning and management of programs and ability to manage change.
- Knowledge of result based management in humanitarian and development, programme concepts frameworks, standards and strategies.
- Experience in developing logical framework analysis, M & E systems and implementation in community settings.
- Demonstrated experience in program design, planning and implementation using participatory methodologies.
- Proven skills in communications, presentation, inter-personal relations, fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in working and coordinating with NGOs, government agencies and local stakeholders.
- Proven experience in implementing projects funded by donors including, BMZ, IFAD, AICS, EU, ECHO, UN-OCHA, FAO, DFID, USAID, etc will be of added value.
- Not less than 5 years of work experience in Somalia or similar conflict environments.
How to Apply
Interested persons to submit their application and CV to: Head of Human Resources, VSF-Germany.
E-mail addresses: recruitment(at)vsfg.org, indicating the position; “Technical Advisor /Program Manager –Somalia” not later than Monday, 31st August, 2020. Assessment of applications received will be assessed on a rolling basis due to urgency to fill the position and short listing will be done once suitable applicants are identified. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: VSFG is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.